Your privacy is very important to us. At the Stella Guitars store, we have a few fundamental principles that we follow:
- We don’t ask you for personal information unless we truly need it.
- We don’t share your personal information with anyone except to comply with the law, improve our website, or protect our rights.
- We don’t store personal information on our servers unless required for the on-going operation of our site.
Who we are
Our website address is: https://stellaguitars.com. This online store is owned by Neil Harpe, a Stella Guitar enthusiast and purveyor of Stella-related gear.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
Like most website operators, Stella Guitars collects non-personally-identifying information of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request. Stella Guitars’ purpose in collecting non-personally identifying information is to better understand how our visitors use our website.
Gathering of Personally-Identifying Information
If you use the contact form to communicate with us, your contact information will be collected in order for us to respond to your questions or comments.
If you order any products from this site, your contact information will be collected in order to process and deliver your order. Payments are processed through PayPayl and all financial transactions are completed via their website. Financial information is not collected nor retained on this website.
In each case listed above, Stella Guitars collects such information only insofar as is necessary or appropriate to fulfill the purpose of the visitor’s interaction with Stella Guitars. Stella Guitars does not disclose personally-identifying information other than as described below. And visitors can always refuse to supply personally-identifying information, with the caveat that it may prevent them from engaging in certain website-related activities.
What we collect and store
While you visit our site, we’ll track:
- Products you’ve viewed: we’ll use this to, for example, show you products you’ve recently viewed
- Location, IP address and browser type: we’ll use this for purposes like estimating taxes and shipping
- Shipping address: we’ll ask you to enter this so we can, for instance, estimate shipping before you place an order, and send you the order!
- Send you information about your account and order
- Respond to your requests, including refunds and complaints
- Process payments and prevent fraud
- Set up your account for our store
- Comply with any legal obligations we have, such as calculating taxes
- Improve our store offerings
- Send you marketing messages, if you choose to receive them
If you create an account, we will store your name, address, email and phone number, which will be used to populate the checkout for future orders.
We generally store information about you for as long as we need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it, and we are not legally required to continue to keep it. For example, we will store order information for 7 years for tax and accounting purposes. This includes your name, email address and billing and shipping addresses.
We will also store comments or reviews, if you choose to leave them.
Who on our team has access
Members of our team have access to the information you provide us. For example, both Administrators and Shop Managers can access:
- Order information like what was purchased, when it was purchased and where it should be sent, and
- Customer information like your name, email address, and billing and shipping information.
Our team members have access to this information to help fulfill orders, process refunds and support you.
Stella Guitars may collect statistics about the behavior of visitors to its websites. For instance, Stella Guitars may monitor the most popular pages on the Stella Guitars website. However, Stella Guitars does not disclose personally-identifying information other than as described below.
Who we share your data with
Protection of Certain Personally-Identifying Information
Stella Guitars will not rent or sell potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information to anyone. Stella Guitars discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only in response to a subpoena, court order or other governmental request, or when Stella Guitars believes in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of Stella Guitars, third parties or the public at large.
Stella Guitars takes all measures reasonably necessary to protect against the unauthorized access, use, alteration or destruction of potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information.